Colormuniki Display, ICC problems with OS Sierra Preview App

Home Forums Help and Support Colormuniki Display, ICC problems with OS Sierra Preview App

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

David
    Participant

Hi All,

Few days ago I got an X-RITE ColorMuniki Display. I created an ICC profile with DisplayCAL under Sierra for my Apple Cinema HD Display 23 (1082). I tried to simplify the process so I don’t make any mistakes but no matter the combination I pick I always get the same result. Under Photoshop the profile works magic but under MacOS; using apps like Preview, something doesn’t work . I think is called blackpoint clipping, and posterization. It’s really bad! Colors in the shadows are really bad. I found this article and it seems someone is suffering from the same issue.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/271825/bug-macos-sierra-preview-quick-look-issues-with-rendering-colors-of-images-when

So I decided to install X-RITE app for ColorMuniki Display, and everything works perfect.

Then checked the profile info and it seems to be related with matrix vs LUT icc profiles. Maybe I am wrong because I still need to continue testing but I would appreciate your help, because I rather use DisplayCAL using LUT vs X-RITE simple matrix profiles.

I never though it would be so difficult to profile the monitor.

Thank you very much in advance.

David

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

this has already been discussed multiple times, please use the forum search.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Colormuniki Display, ICC problems with OS Sierra Preview App’ is closed to new replies.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS