Color temperature value changes when it shouldn’t

Home Forums Help and Support Color temperature value changes when it shouldn’t

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

buckiejoe SourceForge

I’ve noticed a bug in recent versions of dispcalgui that didn’t happen a year ago – sometimes when you change parameters in other parts of dispcalgui the temeprature value would switch to 5000 (while I normally try to keep it at 6500). Sometimes it happens when you switch away from a recent autogenerated testchard to an “auto-optimized” one, and sometimes it would just force 5000 no matter what, I think if you don’t set interactive display adjustment to on – happened to me yesterday. Hard to say exactly what triggers it and when but it indeed does happen and it’s very annoying because you have to wait until the second part when it starts profiling various patches to even see that something is wrong with the temperature – means time is lost. Worth investigating.

buckiejoe SourceForge

And I’ve also noticed that profile type may change if you try to change the amount of patches. For example select gamma+matrix and drag the amount of patches slider backwards and forwards.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi, I can’t reproduce this at all, so it would be good if you could post the exact steps needed for this behavior to occur.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

This is intended. A few hundred patches at least are required for a (reasonable) LUT profile, but do not necessarily lead to a better shaper + matrix profile – a too high number of patches may even have an adverse effect on the shaper curves (“bumpiness” if the display is not perfectly additive).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS