Changing the RGB of a Mid 2015 Macbook Pro

Home Forums Help and Support Changing the RGB of a Mid 2015 Macbook Pro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dale Gribble
    Participant

First off,

I’m new to this so the questions I’m asking may be basic but that just because I’m not sure what to do

I’m trying to calibrate my Mid 2015 Retina MacBook Pro

I’m using a X-rite Colormunki Display & have installed all the drivers etc needed to run DisplayCal

When running DisplayCal I’m getting to the section that measures the RGB + white point & asks to match or get as close to the arrows as possible there’s absolutely no way I’m able to change those points on this laptop (that I can find)- Is there somewhere I can change this/some way for DisplayCal to do it automatically?

I’ve pretty much been following this basic tutorial – https://www.pointsinfocus.com/learning/digital-darkroom/displaycal-and-argyll-cms-quick-start-guide/
    Thanks in Advance!

Dale

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Is there somewhere I can change this/some way for DisplayCal to do it automatically?

On laptops (and devices like iMacs) there is no way to manually adjust RGB balance, so you have to skip this step. You can still target a specific whitepoint if desired, by setting it on the “Calibration” tab prior to starting measurements.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Florian Höch. Reason: Typo

Dale Gribble
    Participant

Hi Florian,

Thanks for the reply – I’ve got the white point specified but what’s coming out as a profile doesn’t look quite right/ is giving back super low Adobe RGB % – is this normal?

Cheers,

Dale

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That seems about right. Only wide-gamut displays will have high AdobeRGB coverage.

Dale Gribble
    Participant

Okay cool,

So because my laptop doesn’t have high Adobe RGB coverage/is able to display AdobeRGB accurately should I be working with SRGB?

I’ve just checked the gamut (https://www.damiensymonds.net/art_smlgmt1.html) with the profile create within DisplayCal & it’s looking like the saturated colours are terrible

This may explain why everything is now looking super flat/pale?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS