Can I get advice for this report?and one more question about i1display pro

Home Forums Help and Support Can I get advice for this report?and one more question about i1display pro

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

gastek
    Participant

I just buyed new display.

It’s kind big decision to me cause too much expansive

Anyway i have already 1 i1 display pro, but this monitor include i1 display pro too. someone said to me i1’s sensor is one of expendables so use to new one old one is sales used.

Is it right? Can you tell me more corect information?

and i added report.

I calibrate used Asus Corlor calibration tool cause it support h/w cal.

so attached both app’s report.

Well. I can checked both color patch result is not bad i think.but i expect more accurate…It’s too much ask?

but why so much go away white point?  I don’t know..

Verification setting is ISO 12646:2008 color accuracy and gray balace/ Interchangeble with Adobe RGB(1998) gamma2.2

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

I just buyed new display.

It’s kind big decision to me cause too much expansive

Anyway i have already 1 i1 display pro, but this monitor include i1 display pro too. someone said to me i1’s sensor is one of expendables so use to new one old one is sales used.

Is it right? Can you tell me more corect information?

and i added report.

Report is not accurate by user’s fault. You need to provide a “CCSS” correction for that display backlight tech. Measured white point “was not real”

I calibrate used Asus Corlor calibration tool cause it support h/w cal.

so attached both app’s report.

Asus tool is useing the binary format correction files, “EDR”, and there are high chances that Asus software is using an innacurate correction, becasuse the EDR licesing war.
    I’ve not checked Asus software in a while. Navigate to instalation folder, find all supported EDR, tranlate to CCSS usong ArgyllCMS tool “oeminst” and then you can plot 2D them with “specplot file.ccss”

Well. I can checked both color patch result is not bad i think.but i expect more accurate…It’s too much ask?

Even asuming that Asus software is using the appropiate EDR, calibration has some mild errors in greyscale 1.2 a* from one grey to another. They may be noticeable in a gradient, or not, too few patches to evaluate

Usually this is software’s fault, calibration, not reporting. If uncalibrated state has to big color errors in greyscale and calibration app takes too few uncalibrated grey ramp or color ramp patrches these may go unnoticed.

Uncorrected report from DIsplayCAL shows (RGB+grey balance) a grey range of 1.5 which is a bit mediocre for a HW cal and likely to be caused for small number of uncalibrated measurements.

There are threads here about Benq Palette Master Ultimate (PMU) on Benq SW line where we discuss these issues, search forum, its too tiresome to explian the same things several times.

but why so much go away white point?  I don’t know..

Asus tool may have user wrong colorimeter correction so evaluating against actual spectral power distribution CCSS may give an error.
    Asus tool may assume that rising brightness doe snot make whitepoint drift

And above all these… you did not use colorimeter correction in DisplayCAL, so the measured white pint is not real.

Verification setting is ISO 12646:2008 color accuracy and gray balace/ Interchangeble with Adobe RGB(1998) gamma2.2

Using simulate + use simulation profile as display profile like you did seems a reasonable choice to verify a 3rd party HW calibration, so yes if you aimed to calibrate to AdobeRGB (IDNK)

gastek
    Participant

Wow vincent Thx to much.

After confirm your reply and got conversation with our country support service. They don’t know about details.

Now I’m checking about PMU .

I’m not well kown understand calibrate. So can i check something more?

Have a great bless you in this end of year. Thx again!

Vincent
    Participant

Wow vincent Thx to much.

After confirm your reply and got conversation with our country support service. They don’t know about details.

Likely to be  QLED like this

https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/?get&type=ccss&manufacturer_id=AUS&display=PA32UCG&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display%2C%20Spyder4&html=1

There is QLED “20220801_MiniLED.edr” but right now IDNK if it was from Asus or from othe rcompany. If Asus calibration  software uses this white should be OK on whie… BUT YOU MUST USE THE SAME in DisplayCAL

use with argyll \bin on you rpath “oeminst path_to_edr/20220801_MiniLED.edr” (here you must replace the path) and it will be imported to catalog fro ARgyllCMS/DisplayCAL.
    Then use it on Displaycal measurements

Now I’m checking about PMU .

PMU is for benq, just a sample of aother company with the same kind of grey errors (color tint o n grey)

I’m not well kown understand calibrate. So can i check something more?

You must use a suitabel colorimeter correction on DIsplayCAL, your report was not made properly.

Have a great bless you in this end of year. Thx again!

gastek
    Participant

Dear you are a saviar!Thx again

I check now but whole link include .ccss your means change file name to change 20220801_MiniLED.edr? sorry for your bothering

gastek
    Participant

Dear you are a saviar!Thx again

I check now but whole link include .ccss your means change file name to change 20220801_MiniLED.edr? sorry for your bothering and i’m using windows displaycal!

Vincent
    Participant

EDR Miniled : check if present in ASUS software, navigate to app folder and search there.IDNK or I do not remember since last time i cheched asus software.

IF it is there, good sign, translate it to CCSS with “oeminst” comandline tool and use that CCSS in DisplayCAL. This way you can compara apples vs apples in DisplayCAL report.

If not, you can try ti check in DisplayCAL with something close to typical Asus QLEDs, like the link i set.

2 scenarios. What you cannot do is to run a DisplayCAL report without suitable colorimeter correction. measured whitepoint won’t be “real”

gastek
    Participant

Oh i used oemist then change sucess! i’ll upload result soon!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS