Can Corrections be imported for linux?

Home Forums Help and Support Can Corrections be imported for linux?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

VicJ
    Participant

I am looking at purchasing a Spyder (5 Pro) to be used on Linux.

However, the DisplayCal Instrument specific requirements note  “If your measurement device is a i1 Display 2, i1 Display Pro, ColorMunki Display, DTP94, Spyder 2/3/4/5, you’ll want to import the colorimeter corrections that are part of the vendor software packages, which can be used to better match the instrument to a particular type of display. Note: The full range of measurement modes for the Spyder 4/5 are also only available if they are imported from the Spyder 4/5 software“.

As far as I can tell, Datacolor do not appear to provide linux software.  Without a Windows or Mac installation, is it possible to import the colorimeter corrections into DisplayCal, or should I look for different hardware?

-Thanks

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

the corrections can be imported under any system (just click “auto” in the import dialog).

VicJ
    Participant

Thanks. I understand Displaycal can import, but from where? …if the windows s/w (datacolor) is not installed?

Is the needed  file created as part of spyder’s install? or is it a file on a CD?  hopefully not buried inside an exe!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

“Auto” downloads the corrections to import from https://displaycal.net.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS