Calibration&profiling settings for Asus PA246Q + Colormunki Display

Home Forums General Discussion Calibration&profiling settings for Asus PA246Q + Colormunki Display

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Stanislav Z
    Participant

Hello! Need advice for optimal settings for calibration&profiling of subjected devices (type of profile, corrections, options, verification). Thank you!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

For most use cases, the defaults should work well. You can target a specific whitepoint on the “Calibration” tab if needed, and increase the number of patches on the “Profiling” tab for a higher accuracy profile if desired (a good number on your display would be around 500-600). The ASUS has a IPS type wide-gamut panel, so you may want to choose the “Spectral: LCD CCFL Wide Gamut IPS” colorimeter correction.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Florian Höch.

Stanislav Z
    Participant

Thanks! And can you advise black point correction and verification settings?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’d leave black point correction at default (off) unless you notice strong tinting of neutral tones near black (it’s not very common as far as I can tell). Verification settings should be fine at defaults as well, you can choose a bigger testchart for a more thorough examination of the profile if you like, though.

Stanislav Z
    Participant

And what “correction” option for this display and colorimeter do you advise?

Stanislav Z
    Participant

Your advise is to calibrate in Standart Mode or User for Asus PA246Q?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

See above.

Your advise is to calibrate in Standart Mode or User for Asus PA246Q?

I wouldn’t know.

Stanislav Z
    Participant

I mean ccmx or ccss….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS