Calibration problems when waking monitor

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration problems when waking monitor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jamie
    Participant

I have my computer set to turn the monitor off after a period of inactivity. I’ve noticed that when my monitor comes back to life the calibration is no longer present. I am forced to right click the DisplayCAL profile loader and reset video card gamma table and then reload the profile.

I’ve also noticed the same exact issue when Window’s User Account Control happens to take over the screen. After you allow or disallow at the prompt, the calibration is no longer present.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I can not reproduce the issue, but I’m pretty sure the reason may have to do with the Windows gamma API and/or video driver – the profile loader checks periodically (using the API) if the video card gamma tables still match those of the display profile, and reloads them if not. If the API indicates that the gamma tables are still correct, but in reality they are not, then I may have to change the profile loader to reload the calibration regardless of what the API reports. I’ll have a new beta later for testing.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Alright, try this: http://displaycal.net/temp/DisplayCAL-3.1.0.4-win32.zip

I’ve changed the loader to reload calibration periodically regardless of video card gamma table state.

Jamie
    Participant

This might be obvious, but I’m not sure and I’d rather ask before I muck something up. How exactly should I “install” or update the existing installation?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Close the profile loader, then overwrite the intalled files with the ones from the ZIP (may need administrative permissions).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS