Calibration loader on more than one screen

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration loader on more than one screen

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Hi, the calibration loader does not show me any options to select which screen I’m loading the calibration, neither options to load different calibrations? How you manage to load different calibrations if you have more than one?

Thanks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The loader always loads calibration for each connected (and enabled) display as per the assigned profile(s).

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Thanks. I guess what I don’t get is how you change the assigned profile, that is something I would expect to see on the loader not on the main program. Where should I see that option to assign a different profile?

Thanks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

This is functionality of Windows itself. You open the control panel and select/search for “Color management”. There’s also a shortcut in the right-click menu of the profile loader.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

I see, there is a list with several profiles in there, will see if I can find out how to make one the one loaded. It would be nice to have some sort of confirmation on your loader of which one is being loaded and the option to switch in there.

Thanks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I see, there is a list with several profiles in there, will see if I can find out how to make one the one loaded.

Usually after installing a profile, that’s the one that’s being loaded and assigned. If you click the loader icon (left-click), you can see the current profile assignments in a popup.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Yes, but only for the main screen, I do not see which profile is assigned to the second monitor.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hmm, that’s unusual. Does the second monitor have a profile assigned? If not, it may not show up in the popup.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

you are right, it is on a second line. Is there a way to rename the profiles to have simpler names?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Renaming after the fact is currently not built in directly (although there are 3rd party tools that can change the internal name of profiles), but you can change the name for new profiles on the “Profiling” tab. Selecting “Create profile from measurement data…” in the “Options” menu, then choosing an existing profile and saving it to the desired name is another, although lengthy and not very straightforward way to give an existing profile a new name (note that this will re-create the profile with the currently chosen settings).

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Florian Höch.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS