Calibrating Dell U2720Q monitor

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating Dell U2720Q monitor

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Geoff Lister
    Participant

Hi all,

I recently bought a Dell2720Q—the budget did not allow for the good stuff (one day). I’m trying to select the right profile for the monitor and I cannot figure it out. I think the right answer is “Spectral: LCD PFS Phosphor WLED IPS, 94% P3”, as the monitor is a WLED IPS with 95% P3 coverage on the primaries. But am I overselling this monitor?

I realize that white point is a bit of a “what you want” thing, but suggestions on this would also be welcome. I’m editing photos and video, and while much of my work goes to web where it is viewed by thousands of differently calibrated screens, I still want it to have the best zing—it would be good to match the apple default as I’m sure that is what many of my clients are using. What is the most common calibration there?

Leraning lots, but I just can’t find anything in the search about this specific monitor!

Vincent
    Participant

Hi all,

I recently bought a Dell2720Q—the budget did not allow for the good stuff (one day). I’m trying to select the right profile for the monitor and I cannot figure it out. I think the right answer is “Spectral: LCD PFS Phosphor WLED IPS, 94% P3”, as the monitor is a WLED IPS with 95% P3 coverage on the primaries. But am I overselling this monitor?

yes, that one

I realize that white point is a bit of a “what you want” thing, but suggestions on this would also be welcome. I’m editing photos and video, and while much of my work goes to web where it is viewed by thousands of differently calibrated screens, I still want it to have the best zing—it would be good to match the apple default as I’m sure that is what many of my clients are using. What is the most common calibration there?

Leraning lots, but I just can’t find anything in the search about this specific monitor!

D65, 2.2, start with matrix single curve profile and black point compensation. On a well behaved display once grey is calibrated it should be the sweet spot between color managements rounding errors & profile accuracy.

Since it’s a P3 display you’ll need to use only color managed apps, otherwise all be obversaturated.

If display as an sRGB mode you can switch to that, use displaycal with the same settings and calibrate again (whitepoint will be corrected with GPU since it’s likely that OSD controls for white point will be locked).
    If you change from one OSD mode to another you’ll need to change default profile in OS for that display, and restart color managed app. On windows DisplayCal tray app will simplify this.

Change to  sRGB mode =>change default profile to the one you made with displaycal for sRGB OSD mode

Change to  Custom color mode => change default profile to the one you made with displaycal for custom color OSD mode

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS