Calibrated two displays but one is still more yellow

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrated two displays but one is still more yellow

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Vlad
    Participant

I have an Acer XB271HU IPS and an Acer K272HUL.

Both calibrated to 6600K, 2.2 Gamma, 250 Nits with Spyder5Express and DisplayCAL but the XB271HU whites are still significantly more yellow than the K272HUL.

Am I misunderstanding the purpose of the colorimeter? I thought if you calibrate two different displays to the same color temperature/white point, brightness, and gamma then they will look more or less identical.

Something interesting I thought would be worth mentioning is that the white letters on the XB271HU OSD actually look crispy white while the actual white colors in Windows desktop, etc look yellow tinted. Any explanation for this? If the panel can produce crispy whites for the OSD letters, why not for the desktop?

I am able to get the XB271HU whites to resemble the whites of the K272HUL by significantly decreasing Red and Green gain but then the accuracy is completely off.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Vlad.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Vlad.

Vincent
    Participant

Am I misunderstanding the purpose of the colorimeter? I thought if you calibrate two different displays to the same color temperature/white point, brightness, and gamma then they will look more or less identical.

You bought the wrong colorimeter. Spyders are not accurate, they never were.

Even if you had an accurate colorimeter, you need to make use of a correction suitable for that displays backlight, for example spectral corrections for i1d3 family or Spyder4/5.
    Make sure you used them. WLED spectral corrections bundled with Spyder5 are not very good, but should be better than raw measurements. Maybe there are spectral corrections in displaycal colorimeter correction database for those two models (instead of using generic WLED). Take a look.
    The better the colorimeter, the less you should care about the “exact match” between the correction and our display backlight.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viktor
    Participant

Dont buy a spyder never..  😛

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vlad
    Participant

Dont buy a spyder never..  ?

I returned it. 🙂

Vincent
    Participant

Dont buy a spyder never..  ?

This is the famous NEC PA242W (GB-LED) test by “Czornyj”. Several devices tested with their available generic corrections (one for all units in the same model) against a JETI.

Since LuLa went paid, this was lost to non subscribers. Nice to see it here so people could see it again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS