Calibrated display but the color is way off

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrated display but the color is way off

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Andi
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a very old colorimeter. It’s a “i1Display 2” which I borrowed from a friend. So anyway, I read some guides, watched some videos and went right to it. I set the whitepoint to 6500 and after starting the measuring I adjusted my monitor so that the RGB values would match and be perfectly in the middle. Then I continued and let the calibration begin. Already at that point the colors, at least to my eye, were way off. Like way too blueish / greenish. And after the calibration was finished it gave me an sRGB coverage of around 60% or so. I have an HP 24es by the way. So I ran the same thing again without adjusting my screen as asked and the sRGB coverage was at 96%.

So my question is: is the colorimeter maybe too old and not working well anymore and what does the sRGB coverage / gammut volume actually tell me? I mean if it’s towards 100% it’s what it should be no? And the image looks way more neutral and good.  So what is wrong there? If I adjust the screen, the sRGB coverage is like garbage and my eyes seem to be the same opinion, if I don’t, the image looks way better. Any insight to all that is much appreciated. đŸ™‚

Best regards,

Andi

Soli
    Participant

The i1display2 you can throw in the trashcan. Tell your friend that you did him a favor.. worst piece of garbage ever..! Only joking, but not really, if you know what I mean;)

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Soli.

Andi
    Participant

Haha okay…

Can any of you advise me another colorimeter or tell me what the right way to do it is? I’m still confused that the 6500K color temperature looks so blueish / greenish and that it was measured as completely right but then the sRGB coverage was so low. What color temperature are you guys using or what device and is it perfect for your eyes if you do it or do you have any issues?

Thanks in advance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS