Bug? Color on verification always D 4.91

Home Forums Help and Support Bug? Color on verification always D 4.91

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Max05
    Participant

Hello. I’ve been trying to calibrate madvr. I have a i1 Display Studio and an LG OLED C2.

I have already done many calibrations before and never had this problem. Everything works as expected except one color is always wrong after verification.
    I have attached the html. It is always R 26 G 0 B 0.

I am thinking this might be a bug but I am not quite sure. As you can see all colors are fine it is only one color that is wrong.
    I have tried:
    Doing more patches, less patches, the other pattern generator, different test chart.

The color is always exactly 4.91! Is seems a little weird that is it always exactly the same delta value.
    I have compared the difference and visually there is not that much of a difference, it is noticeable but I would not say that much!
    I am not quite sure what to do! Please help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

It’s black clipping on Red channel with newer i1d3, device reads “0”. Try to use latest Argyll or post your issue in ArgyllCMS mailist.

Max05
    Participant

I noticed this after updating ArgyllCMS to 3.1 yesterday, could this be the problem? I can’t seem to find anywhere to download a older version tho…

Vincent
    Participant

OLED R black clipping issue is older than ArgyllCMS 3.1. Report issue to ArgyllCMS maillist including the exact colorimeter model so people will know if AIO measurement is available.

Max05
    Participant

Ok will do! Is this issue only present on Verification or when profiling aswell? Does this mean my 3D Lut if wrong because of this?

Vincent
    Participant

Ok will do! Is this issue only present on Verification or when profiling aswell?

everywhere R X G 0 B 0 goes bellow certain threshold

Does this mean my 3D Lut if wrong because of this?

Check Ti3 file. IDNK if profiling patches included those dark reds.

Max05
    Participant

I think it did. I’ll attach the file. But I noticed, that when I verify without the 3D Lut, I get a delta 0.3 on that color! (R10 G0 B0).
    Also, testing  colors below R10 work fine, it seems to be only R10 G0 B0.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS