Argyll CMS Auto Download not Working

Home Forums Help and Support Argyll CMS Auto Download not Working

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Elias Nemer
    Participant

HI,

I would like to calibrate my monitors, when i open up DisplayCal it says Argyll CMS the color engine is not installed would you like to brows or download. i put download since manually installing is way to difficult and long winded. but it allways fails to download and connect to the argyll website,

What is the solution for this.

Sincerely,

Elias Nemer

S Simeonov
    Participant

HI,
    I would like to calibrate my monitors, when i open up DisplayCal it says Argyll CMS the color engine is not installed would you like to brows or download. i put download since manually installing is way to difficult and long winded. but it allways fails to download and connect to the argyll website,
    What is the solution for this.
    Sincerely,
    Elias Nemer

DisplayCal will not update

Elias Nemer
    Participant

I read the link you posted, it did not answer my question, i would not like to do the manual install. unless i can be guided through it. there is documentation on how to install but it seems super long winded and time consuming allowing for many errors to happen since im not a programmer.

I would feel safer if the displaycal program would download and install automatically,

Sincerely,

Elias Nemer

Elias Nemer
    Participant

I am using colorcheker display plus, and on windows 11.

I attached an image of the install instructions from argyll website. does it not seem too complex?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Elias Nemer.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

S Simeonov
    Participant

I read the link you posted, it did not answer my question, i would not like to do the manual install. unless i can be guided through it. there is documentation on how to install but it seems super long winded and time consuming allowing for many errors to happen since im not a programmer.
    I would feel safer if the displaycal program would download and install automatically,
    Sincerely,
    Elias Nemer

It won’t do it. You have to install it manually, it is not rocket science.

Elias Nemer
    Participant

Could you please cheak the image I attached above and let me know, if those are the correct instructions for install. Becuause those do seem to be rocket science and even more, simply because the variables do not match up with the ones I see on my PC. Perhaps because its for windows 10 and I’m on 11. Anyways. The complexity of this specific install allows for error, unless you have done it before. Which I have not.

What I’m asking is that it seems as though, there are 2 different sets for install. One is the one I attached an image of. The other is for the USB driver fresh install, which states to restart PC after unzip etc.

That one seems to be easier but as I am new to this and do not want to mess up any variables on my PC. I would like to take extra care. If the case is such that the image I posted is the correct install then I will try that one.

Elias Nemer
    Participant

My endgame is to use the i1 colorcheker plus, with displaycal and have the correct results. Or have the program working as intended.

Thank you again.

Elias Nemer
    Participant

Btw sorry if I seem dense, I’m really not, I just would like some clarification. I tried installing Argyll once before and i had trouble with it. At some point I was able to do it. But my calibrations were way off, so I don’t know if I installed it correct.

Also on another point, is there a specific version of Argyll I should install? Best for the colorcheker pro plus?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for you help and time.

Mais78
    Participant

Elias, it is extremely easy, I am not a programmer too, just download the file, unzip it whereever you want, even desktop, then when you open DisplayCal just point it to the folder (browse–>). Done

This is if you are using Windows. For Mac the process is the same (I put the Argyll files in the Application folder) but the OS will ask multiple times to allow to run this and that executable so go to Settings—>Security & Privacy and allow execution when prompted

mike12
    Participant

Im using the same calibration tool. I downloaded the one it guides you to if you want to manually download. I had the same problems with it working but i randomly clicked on a file and it worked after a few hours of trying. I just downloaded the file, unzipped clicked once to get to the actual argyll file and chose it. If your results are way off it could be due to wrong configuration, i had the same problem with calibration being off but i tried with a couple settings and found the correct use for my monitor. Hope this helped.

Elias Nemer
    Participant

Thanks Mais and Mike, got it. That’s the install method I had done before, but I thought since the calibration was way off perhaps the install was incorrect, and it was way too easy and nothing like the install method they describe on the Argyll website. Anyways thanks allot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS