DisplayCal will not update

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCal will not update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mais78
    Participant

I am trying to update my current version (3.4) to the latest but I get the an error message saying “tlsv1 alert protocol version” if I use the update menu. If I download the file directly from sourceforge and install on top of the existing version, the installation seems to work but when I launch it I get the old version. I also tried to update just the Argyll files by replacing the old ones manually but they don’t seem to work.

Any idea?

Setup: Mac Pro Early 2015 running BigSur

I also tried a new installation on a newer MacPro (with Apple chip), I can install 3.8.9.3 my the Argyll files do not seem to work.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mais78
    Participant

I don’t know how but now the old Mac seems fine (3.8.9.3 installed and also the most recent Argyll files.

I understand the new Macs with Apple M processors are still incompatible with DisplayCal/Argyll?

Vincent
    Participant

Get latest here instead of using DIsplayCAL to donwload it

https://www.argyllcms.com/

For DIsplaYCAL on mac use Erkan’s port

https://github.com/eoyilmaz/displaycal-py3

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Vincent.

Mais78
    Participant

Thank you.

I am trying to get a measurement report but I keep getting an error message (with both versions of DisplayCAL), see image attached. What am I doing wrong? I am a bit rusty…

Attachments:

Mais78
    Participant

Is there a way to load an existing profile on a Mac without having to create a new one?

Btw I created a new one on my old Mac by the OS keeps blocking the various executables during the profiling. Even after allowing them one by one in the end DisplayCAL crashes and cannot install the profile.

Will try with Windows 10 on the same laptop (I assume the right profiling is not OS dependent, right?).

Vincent
    Participant

Is there a way to load an existing profile on a Mac without having to create a new one?

File menu in DisplayCAL.
    Also make sure that Color Sync has it (open manually).

Btw I created a new one on my old Mac by the OS keeps blocking the various executables during the profiling. Even after allowing them one by one in the end DisplayCAL crashes and cannot install the profile.

Try Erkan’s port to python3

Will try with Windows 10 on the same laptop (I assume the right profiling is not OS dependent, right?).

Yes, unless you mess with GPU output (HDMI range and things like that)

.. but, remember that macOS color management is very limited. YOu need to stick with simplest idealized profile types.

Mais78
    Participant

I installed DisplayCAL on Windows 10 (still on my Mac 2015) as planned. The profile and calibration done in 2018 seems to still work well according to the calibration report attached (need to untick black locus), right?

Going to reprofile right now leaving the calibration as it is.

Attachments:

Mais78
    Participant

Reprofiled and got the attached results. It seems worse than the old profile so I will stick to the old one.

The avaluation of greybalance through calibration only should have given the same results for both profiles since I did not change the calibration?

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS