Advice needed for Panasonic ST60 plasma

Home Forums Help and Support Advice needed for Panasonic ST60 plasma

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

codemaster
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been struggling with trying to calibrate and create 3D LUT for my 65″ Panasonic ST60 plasma for a few weeks now.
    The main issue is figuring out how to do this while making sure ABL doesn’t destroy the experience, when APL changes.

For example, when I calibrate using 10% window/30% linear APL in madTPG, I get acceptable results for that particular pattern size, but checking with 10%/10% linear APL or 10%/50% linear APL shows unacceptable dE.
    I’ve tried experimenting with different window size/APL patterns, but every time some APL verification becomes unacceptable (been testing with 10%, 18%, 25% and 50% linear APL).

I’ve tried asking for advice on AVSForum, but nobody responded.

My device is i1Display Pro with default Plasma correction.

I would appreciate a lot if someone cold help me out:

1. Does anyone know which window size/apl to use for this particular tv model?
    2. If not, can someone recommend optimal workflow to figure out which one to use? For example, should I use “very high” speed for calibration? What about amount of patches for Auto-profiling?
    3. What is the recommended workflow to measure e.g. pre-calibration grayscale and gamma? Measurement report is inactive until a profile is created.

Thanks!

By the way, thanks for DisplayCAL 🙂

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I get acceptable results for that particular pattern size, but checking with 10%/10% linear APL or 10%/50% linear APL shows unacceptable dE.

Always verify with the same APL and pattern size as during the calibration/profiling run. It is not possible on plasmas to get completely consistent results across a range of different APL and/or pattern size settings.

1. Does anyone know which window size/apl to use for this particular tv model?

10% pattern size, 20% APL has been quoted as an useful setting for plasmas over at AVSforum, I  think.

3. What is the recommended workflow to measure e.g. pre-calibration grayscale and gamma? Measurement report is inactive until a profile is created.

You can use HCFR for this.

codemaster
    Participant

Thanks for quick response.

Will try out 10%/20% again, though last time I tried it didn’t work well enough.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS