3DLut interfering with FullScreen Exclusive HDR in MadVR

Home Forums Help and Support 3DLut interfering with FullScreen Exclusive HDR in MadVR

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DeadMan3000
    Participant

I have just created a 3DLut for MadVR and have a problem when playing back HDR content. I have the LG OLED set to Non-HDR in Windows 10. I did a calibration in YCbCr 4:2:2 mode and the 3DLut loaded fine into MadVR. But everytime I played HDR contant the colors were washed out even though the TV switched to HDR mode just fine. SDR content plays just fine with the correct colors. I narrowed it down to Fullscreen Exclusive Mode in MadVR. Unchecking this allows me to get the correct calibration in both SDR and HDR content. However I would prefer to use Fullscreen Exclusive Mode as I tend to get less frame drops. Any idea what’s going on and how I can get it to work correctly?

S Simeonov
    Participant

I have just created a 3DLut for MadVR and have a problem when playing back HDR content. I have the LG OLED set to Non-HDR in Windows 10. I did a calibration in YCbCr 4:2:2 mode and the 3DLut loaded fine into MadVR. But everytime I played HDR contant the colors were washed out even though the TV switched to HDR mode just fine. SDR content plays just fine with the correct colors. I narrowed it down to Fullscreen Exclusive Mode in MadVR. Unchecking this allows me to get the correct calibration in both SDR and HDR content. However I would prefer to use Fullscreen Exclusive Mode as I tend to get less frame drops. Any idea what’s going on and how I can get it to work correctly?

As I remember FSE is not a good choice for win 10, it doesn’t play well.

DeadMan3000
    Participant

After some testing it appears I don’t get that many frame drops with it unticked as I first thought so will leave it unticked until someone can come up with a ‘fix’.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS