#17385 (Bug) Information text partially displayed on main screen since

+1 0

Closed as Fixed
Component: DisplayCAL
Created by Jean-Luc Coulon

Last modified


Hi,

I’ve a partially displayed information on the main screen since the latest version of displaycal (from svn repository).

I’ve attached 2 screeshot, one for 3.8.7.7 Beta which is correct and one for 3.8.8.2 Beta which is not.

Regards

Jean-Luc


displaycal-3.8.7.7-Bata (image/png | 2019-05-12 11:42:38)
displaycal-3.8.8.2-Beta (image/png | 2019-05-12 11:42:39)


9 thoughts on “Information text partially displayed on main screen since”

  1. Hi,

    I use gnome. Theme is the default one (called Adwaita).

    From about, I get Python 2.7.16, wxpython 3.0.2.0 gtk3 (classic)

    And this is what I get if I start displaycal from an xterm:

    ——————————————————————————

    XDG: [Errno 2] No translation file found for domain: xdg-user-dirs
    displaycal 3.8.8.2 Beta 2019-05-12T08:45:59.800814Z
    debian 10.0 x86_64
    Python 2.7.16 (default, Apr 6 2019, 01:42:57)
    [GCC 8.3.0]
    ImportError: No module named faulthandler
    wxPython 3.0.2.0 gtk3 (classic)
    Encoding: ANSI_X3.4-1968
    File system encoding: ANSI_X3.4-1968
    Starting up…
    SDL2: libSDL2-2.0.so.0
    SDL: libSDL-1.2.so.0
    Audio module: pyglet 1.3.0
    Enumerating display devices and communication ports…
    /usr/bin
    ArgyllCMS 2.1.1
    Argyll has virtual display support
    …ok.
    Checking video card gamma table access for display 1…
    Dispwin: Warning – new_dispwin: Expected VideoLUT depth 8 doesn’t match actual 10
    VideoLUT has 1024 entries, interpolating to 256
    Dispwin: Warning – new_dispwin: Expected VideoLUT depth 8 doesn’t match actual 10
    Dispwin: Warning – new_dispwin: Expected VideoLUT depth 8 doesn’t match actual 10
    Verify: ‘test.cal’ IS loaded (discrepancy 0.0%)
    Dispwin: Warning – new_dispwin: Expected VideoLUT depth 8 doesn’t match actual 10
    …ok.
    Initializing GUI…

    …ok.
    Ready.
    Setting up scripting host at 127.0.0.1:15411
    Check for application update…
    DisplayCAL is up-to-date.
    ArgyllCMS is up-to-date.

    ——————————————————————————

    Regards

    Jean-Luc

  2. That’s definitely not the default Adwaita theme (titlebars look like some macOS clone).

    Encoding: ANSI_X3.4-1968
    File system encoding: ANSI_X3.4-1968

    Also called (US-)ASCII 🙂 I would suggest using UTF-8 though. The rest looks fine.

  3. I use UTF-8. But to be sure this is not related to the locale, I’ve done “export LC_ALL=C” before launching displaycal in a terminal. This explains the encoding. But I have the same with UTF-8.

    About the window… yes I’ve used an other theme. And it appears in various place: applications, shell, etc. I’ve reverted everything to the default but this doesn’t change anything.

    BUT if I change the desktop manager to plasma, everything works as expected.

    BTW: the update you did doesn’t fix my problem.

     

    Jean-Luc

  4. About the window… yes I’ve used an other theme. And it appears in various place: applications, shell, etc. I’ve reverted everything to the default but this doesn’t change anything.

    Delete/rename the .gtkrc in your home directory.

    BTW: the update you did doesn’t fix my problem.

    Ok. Will probably close as Works For Me.

  5. Well, it works for me also.

    I’m sorry: I have a script to update the svn and I’ve not checked the return… I got a timeout from SourceForge.

    The one which works:

    r5985 | fhoech | 2019-05-12 14:36:54 +0200 (dim. 12 mai 2019) | 1 ligne

    Thanks

    Jean-Luc

Leave a Reply