XYZ LUT + matrix with relative colorimetric intent only

Home Forums Help and Support XYZ LUT + matrix with relative colorimetric intent only

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

hello!
    I calibrate my monitor “dell u2515h” using a XYZ LUT + matrix profile.
    This profile appear good according to profile verification, but i see difference between lightroom and photoshop.
    In PS blacks appear more bright.
    Perhaps the cause could be that, lightroom use a perceptual intent, instead photoshop use a relative colorimetric intent.
    so I want to try to create a XYZ LUT + matrix with relative colorimetric intent only. in this way both programs should be forced to use relative colorimetric intent for compensation.
    what settings should I use to do this?

for example, are these settings corrected?

PS:Sorry for my very bad english.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I have my doubts the difference is coming from where you think it is. All Adobe products usually employ relative colorimetric + black point compensation for document to screen rendering, and the only way to override that is using custom softproofing settings in e.g. Photoshop.

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Hi Florianm thank you for reply.

I had read somewhere on web that lightroom use a perceptual intent, instead photoshop use a relative colorimetric intent.  evidently this thing is false.

so I’ve done something wrong while creating the profile.  I’ll try again with the setting  “office e web, d65 2.2”  and eventually I’ll attack my profile. In this topic.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It’s easy to test. In Photoshop, setup a custom softproof. Set your display profile as device to simulate (note that it needs to be exactly the same profile as the one assigned to your display), disable preserve RGB numbers. Switch rendering intent to relative colorimetric and enable black point compensation. Compare to Lightroom. Switch to perceptual and disable black point compensation, compare again. Does one of them match? If not, the difference is likely coming from elsewhere (different source profile in Lightroom vs Photoshop, different processing applied).

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

you’re right. The trouble was something else.
    I created a new profile XYZ LUT + matrix, using the preset as starting point. I changed only the white level to 120 cd/m2. Now with this profile images appaer identical in both programs.
    Honestly do not know what was the problem. but now it works fine.
    Thanks again Florian for your support.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS