Worth buying a used i1 Display pro rev.A?

Home Forums General Discussion Worth buying a used i1 Display pro rev.A?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Fu Keung
    Participant

I can buy a used i1 Display pro rev.A-01 from 2011 for about 30 euros. Is that a good deal for such an old device? I won’t use it professionally, just want more accurate/consistent colors.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

It’s cheap but I’d like to see it working before paying.

Fu Keung
    Participant

Thanks for your input. Assuming it’s not broken, are there any downsides to buying an  old device like that, or that specific revision. I heard the filters in these devices should last a long time and shouldn’t drift much.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Fu Keung.

Vincent
    Participant

Thanks for your input. Assuming it’s not broken, are there any downsides to buying an  old device like that, or that specific revision. I heard the filters in these devices should last a long time and shouldn’t drift much.

Yes, no drift, unless it os physically damaged. I have a 10+yo i1d3 rev A. So testing it on a regular display that looks white and see that it reports propelry using driverless ArgyllCMS should be enough: Better an extensive test with an spectro but for that price unlikely.

Drawbacks from revA are that they are nor suported by Calibrite Profiler unless you pay $10. Not worthly $10 .
    Latest compatible i1Profiler would be 3.7.1. Download it right now for PC & mac just in case Xrite deletes it… we are now on 3.8.1 (only compatible with i1Pro2/3 spectrophotometer)
    Xrite services in i1Profiler 3.8.1 still supports i1d3 rev A, it’s i1Profiler not supporting it.

https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/i/i1profiler-i1publish_v3_7_1

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Vincent.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Vincent.

Fu Keung
    Participant

Thanks, will do.

Marco Sandrew
    Participant

Hello

Buying an i1 Display Pro rev.A-01 from 2011 for 30 euros could be a good deal if you’re looking for better color accuracy and consistency without needing professional-grade precision. Just be aware that older devices may have reduced accuracy over time, especially with newer display technologies. For casual use, it could still provide noticeable improvements in color quality. Make sure it’s in good condition and consider its limitations before purchasing.

Hope this helps!

Thank you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS