Windows – Auto Color Management (ACM)

Home Forums General Discussion Windows – Auto Color Management (ACM)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

MW
    Participant

I have a measurement report of MHC2gen SDR-CSC in action.

should use MHC2gen to generate a CSC from my displaycal profile?

Yes, of course.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a measurement report of MHC2gen SDR-CSC in action.

should use MHC2gen to generate a CSC from my displaycal profile?

Yes, of course.

Thanks mate. Could you  help me with the syntax of MHC2gen? This is the sample:

MHC2Gen sdr-csc [–source-gamut=<sRGB|AdobeRGB|P3D65|BT2020> | –source-gamut-icc=<icc file>] “C:\…\DisplayCAL\storage\…\MODEL #1 2022-01-01 00-00 0.3127x 0.329y sRGB F-S XYZLUT+MTX.icm” “MODEL CSC sRGB.icm”

but i don’t understand it… Sorry for the inconvenience

MW
    Participant

MHC2Gen sdr-csc [–source-gamut=<sRGB|AdobeRGB|P3D65|BT2020> | –source-gamut-icc=<icc file>] “C:\…\DisplayCAL\storage\…\MODEL #1 2022-01-01 00-00 0.3127x 0.329y sRGB F-S XYZLUT+MTX.icm” “MODEL CSC sRGB.icm”

It’s simpler than you think, type the command, with changes as needed:

MHC2Gen sdr-csc “x:\Path\to-your\DisplayCAL\Profile.icm” “Name your CSC profile.icm”

Right click the generated icm file, click install. You can now add it as the default display profile in Windows Color Management.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s simpler than you think, type the command, with changes as needed:

MHC2Gen sdr-csc “x:\Path\to-your\DisplayCAL\Profile.icm” “Name your CSC profile.icm”

Right click the generated icm file, click install. You can now add it as the default display profile in Windows Color Management.

Nice! Thanks again. Best regards

Andrew Ke
    Participant

Just wondering, what CPU does your ASUS laptop use? Seems like Windows ACM only supports Intel 12th gen/AMD Ryzen integrated graphics.

Supported GPU:AMD:AMD RX 400 Series or later
    AMD Ryzen processors with Radeon Graphics
    IntelIntegrated: Intel 12th Gen (Alder Lake) or later
    Discrete: Intel DG1 or later
    NVIDIA:NVIDIA GTX 10xx or later (Pascal+)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Intel i5 11300H (Asus Vivobook Pro K3500PC) . Anyway, MHC2Gen it’s a workaround, not the official ACM solution. Currently, it seems that ACM only works in some Surfaces.

Ricardo
    Participant

Hey guys,

I tried to find this feature on Win 11 but it is not available. I got a P3 color range monitor and would like to know if it is possible to take advantage of this in Win 11?

As far as I know my PC meets all the requirements.

Jack Forest
    Participant

Hi.
    I would like to know if there is a way to verify calibration results with DisplayCal after making a profile with MHC2Gen sdr-acm and enabling ACM in display settings?
    I have a wide-gamut Eizo monitor and I would like to switch to ACM from using DwmLut to emulate sRGB when I am not using Photoshop.
    The thing is if “Use legacy display ICC color management” is enabled for an app, windows generates a synthetic icc profile and forces the app to use it (for example, on my system it is {bc613d2c-3af2-502e-9678-ab1d50b85c51}.icm – I can verify this by running XnView and checking currently applied icc).

It this case how can we verify this synthetic profile with enabled ACM? Is it even possible with DisplayCal?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS