Windows 10 & Spyder 3 – driver help

Home Forums Help and Support Windows 10 & Spyder 3 – driver help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

geldo
    Participant

Hi,

I am new to DisplayCal and I am trying  to install the Spyder3 driver but the “Install Argyll CMS instrument drivers” item in the Tools menu is disabled. Thank you for your help!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

you need to have Argyll CMS. In the “File” menu, select “Locate Argyll CMS executables…”.

geldo
    Participant

Thank you very much! Now I have Display=Dell U2410, Instrument=Spyder3, Mode=LCD (generic), Correction=Matrix: Datacolor Spyder3 & Dell DELL U2410 (X-Rite ColorMunki) and White, black level drift compensation both unchecked. Is that OK? Thanks again.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That seems fine.

geldo
    Participant

Well, the measurement report (attached) shows that there is something wrong I think. Maybe it is the monitor, the colorimeter, or both? Or it is just the report too “picky”? Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Your monitor doesn’t seem to be a good fit for a matrix profile (if I recall correctly, this is  well known problem of this particular monitor in its native gamut mode). Try a LUT profile instead.

geldo
    Participant

What do you mean by “try a lut profile”? Is it a DisplayCal option? Thanks!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes. You can use the existing calibration (set tone curve to “As measured” on the calibration tab and disable interactive display adjustment, then use the existing calibration when asked later). To create a LUT profile, increase the patches slider on the “Profiling” tab to at least 425. This should automatically switch the profile type to LUT (you can see it reflected in the profile name).

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Florian Höch. Reason: Typo

geldo
    Participant

Thanks, I will try it.

geldo
    Participant

The “best” I can get are 271 patches with “default testchart for LUT profiles”. ??

EDIT: It is “Auto-optimized” I think, and then the slider to the desired value. Sorry!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by geldo.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Change testchart to “Auto” and use the slider.

geldo
    Participant

OK, thanks! I just discovered it!

geldo
    Participant

I tried with 1100 patches and from the attached results things do look much better now I think. There is still some problem with white balance and also it seems strange to me that luminance is 129 when just yesterday I set it at 120 using the brighteness control.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

There is still some problem with white balance

Have you adjusted white balance manually during interactive display adjustment?

also it seems strange to me that luminance is 129 when just yesterday I set it at 120

This is a monitor with CCFL backlight, which means a warmup time of 30+ minutes is really recommended. Also, CCFL backlights do have a tendency to drift even after reaching their operating temperature. The drift seems small though (comparing the measurement reports, +- 3 cd/m2).

geldo
    Participant

Yes, I adjusted RGB gain controls to 100/93/100 to center the three bars.

As you say probably something went wrong with monitor “warm-up” time, so  I will repeat the whole process I think. Do you think the following values would be appropriate? CALIBRATION: Interactive=Checked, Whitepoint=As measured, White level=As measured, Tone curve=Gamma 2.2, Calibration speed=High. PROFILING: Profile quality=High, Testchart=Auto, Patches=596.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS