Win 10 Update 19041

Home Forums Help and Support Win 10 Update 19041

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Okedoke
    Participant

I hope someone can assist me.

I have some knowledge of Displaycal but do struggle with some complex issues.

I have an older Dell U2412M and a newer Dell U2415. I have been using Displaycal for a number of months now.

Both monitors appeared to be the same  and I had no issues. I has simply followed a video tutorial.

About a week ago there was a Win 10 update (19041). After installation and reboot a number of my display settings (background etc) and  my Spyder X was not recognized in Displaycal. I also noticed the 2 monitors no longer matched.

I proceeded to calibrate and profile both monitors as usual, but could not seem to get a match in whitepoint between new and old monitors. I could not even get them to match up very well when using the visual whitepoint editor.

I then did a few reports and noticed that while the new monitor met the whitepoint tolerances, the old did not with delta E of about 2.5.

Out of desperation I profile again using values of 6500K and gamma 2.2 and changed the profile mode to curves and matrix.

This time I got good results on both monitors and tweaked the whitepoint with visual editor to get a good visual match.

So at this point everything seems? to be Ok but was curious why I had to use a different methodology. My guess is the performance of the old monitor is not sufficient ans could not be compensated.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS