Why does a newly created display profile appear in colord after a reboot?

Home Forums Help and Support Why does a newly created display profile appear in colord after a reboot?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

After DisplayCAL GUI created a profile, I tried to install it. colord failed to respond in 20 seconds. The newly created profile appeared in colord after a reboot. It could also appear after logging out and logging in, but I haven’t tested logging out and in.

Since xiccd didn’t seem to mediate the registration of a newly created display profile to colord, I think the issue resides in either colord or DisplayCAL.

Do you think DisplayCAL or colord is responsible for the issue?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If colormgr find-profile <profile_id> does not return information about the profile after installing, this would indicate a problem with the session daemon (i.e. in this case xiccd) which should pick up the newly created profile and add it to colord’s profile store. The profile ID doesn’t change after the profile has been created. You can see the profile ID of a profile by viewing the profile information (the profile ID is the string “icc-” with the checksum appended. Note that in DisplayCAL, you get the correct checksum string by omitting the leading “0x”).

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Florian Höch. Reason: Fixed typos

Anonymous
    Inactive

If colormgr find-profile <profile_id> does not return information about the profile after installing, this would indicate a problem with the session daemon (i.e. in this case xiccd) which should pick up the newly created profile and add it to colord’s profile store.

I think I’ll try to restart xiccd after installing a newly created profile in DisplayCAL and see if the new profile  can be found in colord.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS