White point Reading

Home Forums General Discussion White point Reading

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Dave Buckley
    Participant

Vincent, when Verifying the OSD sRGB Emulation – what ‘state’ should my monitor be in and what should the highlighted setting be in the attachment

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Dave Buckley
    Participant

Also Vincent – given what you know so far about me, that I primarily deal with sRGB content – which 27″ Monitor would you reccommend?

All of the 27″ Eizo’s appear to be Wide-Gamut …

Vincent
    Participant

Vincent, when Verifying the OSD sRGB Emulation – what ‘state’ should my monitor be in and what should the highlighted setting be in the attachment

Yes, put display on sRGB factory mode and run verification. If something is not good, run DisplayCAL on top of factory sRGB mode to correct white or grey

Yes

Also Vincent – given what you know so far about me, that I primarily deal with sRGB content – which 27″ Monitor would you reccommend?

All of the 27″ Eizo’s appear to be Wide-Gamut …

Eizo EV line is sRGB but I do not think you need one.
    You have Benq PD2700Q, you have Dell U27**H current equivalent, You have Asus PA278QV… ypu have many display in the 300-400 euro range. White LED IPS sRGB diplays. Whte & grey uniofmrity shpuld be good out of the box, maybe some bleeding on black.
    Also NEC EAs should be cheaper than Eizo EVs.

Dave Buckley
    Participant

Great thanks VIncent.  I’ll take a look at some of those monitors.  The key things for me are perfect sRGB colour reproduction so it’s good to know I don’t have to spend a fortune to get there.  Ideally I’d like two identical monitors side by side with very close match in terms of how the screens display colour.

Anyway I’ve verified the screen in OSD sRGB mode and this is what I get, have I read this correctly.  The profile for sRGB is 6500k but the screen is actually displaying 6731k?  In which case it needs fixing to bring it back to D65?

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

CCT (correlated color temperature, yellow-blue) is irrelevant.
    Your problem is that factory white is not white at all (green or pink cast) => high measured vs assumed dE. Thats why DisplayCAL shows the report in that way (error between measured white and closest daylight “true white” at XXXX Kelvin)

Dave Buckley
    Participant

Ok so the fix would then be to run DisplayCAL whilst still in sRGB OSD mode to create a new profile with corrected whites?

If so, I did this and got the attached result.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS