White Point 6500

Home Forums Help and Support White Point 6500

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Joseph
    Participant

Hello,

I am new on this forum, and i use Displaycal now for 2 years. Many thanks for your admirable work.

1- I use it with a Spyder 3 and i have by all startup of the software the notification to install a specific intend of the Spyder. In my CD of Spyder Datacolor is nothing that your software can grab.

2- I calibre my screen with: 6500 white- 120dm- 2.2 gamma. When i do so, the profile info give me 6750 white point!! Yesterday, i have tested in the field of White point to write 6250!! the result of the calibration is: 6500!!!!! is this a bug?

Sorry for my bad english, in German it would be better for me.

Joseph

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I use it with a Spyder 3 and i have by all startup of the software the notification to install a specific intend of the Spyder.

Use the automatic import (make sure “iColor Display” is checked).

I calibre my screen with: 6500 white- 120dm- 2.2 gamma. When i do so, the profile info give me 6750 white point

The calibration process uses the visual correlated daylight temperature, which is based on delta a*b* and is more perceptually accurate. The profile information computes the correlated color temperature based on the simpler delta u’v’ which is less perceptually accurate, thus the mismatch in your case. It is not a problem though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS