Using monitor's Preset modes for calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Using monitor's Preset modes for calibration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

S Simeonov
    Participant

I have a sRGB preset mode, and I was wondering if it will be a good choice for calibration, although I don’t have access to the RGB controls…Any suggestions?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Depends on your goal. If this is a wide-gamut monitor and you want non-color managed desktop components and applications to show colors that are not over-saturated, then using the monitors sRGB mode may be of benefit to you (but you’re at the mercy of how accurate it is). If you’d rather want to have the largest gamut possible for color managed applications so you can work with material that goes beyond sRGB, then a sRGB mode will limit the gamut, obviously (and even sRGB coverage may be reduced).

S Simeonov
    Participant

Depends on your goal. If this is a wide-gamut monitor and you want non-color managed desktop components and applications to show colors that are not over-saturated, then using the monitors sRGB mode may be of benefit to you (but you’re at the mercy of how accurate it is). If you’d rather want to have the largest gamut possible for color managed applications so you can work with material that goes beyond sRGB, then a sRGB mode will limit the gamut, obviously (and even sRGB coverage may be reduced).

The monitor is with sRGB gamut, but as I thought I’m better with the rgb controls in custom mode. I don’t trust the sRGB preset mode.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS