User-provided colorimeter corrections

Home Forums General Discussion User-provided colorimeter corrections

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MW
    Participant

I’m testing the user-provided colorimeter correction for my Dell U2412M. This display has been manufactured in different revisions and I can’t tell if another users correction is an exact match to my display. Given this lack of an absolute reference is there anything I can look for that might suggest a better match?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Given this lack of an absolute reference is there anything I can look for that might suggest a better match?

Not really. It also depends on the instrument: An i1D3 is said to have better inter-instrument agreement than most other (consumer) instruments, for example, so it is somewhat more likely that a user-provided correction may provide some benefit – especially if it’s a spectral sample (CCSS), not a 3×3 matrix (CCMX).

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

MW
    Participant

16 of 20 CCSS and 1 of 24 CCMX read white within DE 1 of the generic WLED correction. The rest with larger white discrepancies look subjectively off to me. I assume the robustness of spectral references as well as different display revisions are at play.

Could I average the “good” CCSS’s to reduce small differences between referenced displays? I didn’t know what to expect but skin tones look slightly more realistic when A/B-ing.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

MW
    Participant

I wont bother with averaging CCSS’s. A single correction made with a i1Pro2  in high resolution mode looked the most real after AB-ing using the image below and many instances of XnView.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Just for completeness sake, averaging CCSS would not be necessary because you can just add the data of several CCSS together (i.e. append the lines between BEGIN_DATA…END_DATA after the last line of the BEGIN_DATA…END_DATA section of another CCSS).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS