Use “update calibration” fast to medium speed instead of start from scratch?

Home Forums Help and Support Use “update calibration” fast to medium speed instead of start from scratch?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Prapan Chulapinyo
    Participant

Normally I do start with calibration speed: fast then after finish calibration/profiling. I then verify results. Then sometime I restart again from scratch but with calibration speed: medium and verify after that. Also again sometime with slow speed. Then compare which one get the best calibration grey result.

Question  is: instead from start from scratch. Can I use “update calibration” to save time? Well I’ve try but result is difficult from start from scratch, verification result show that. That make me wonder. Or I miss something? I’ve begin by fast speed calibration, verify. Then update-calibration with medium speed, verify. Then update-calibration with slow speed, verify. Result from each verify is not as same as start each from scratch.

Vincent
    Participant

Changing calibration (VCGT data loaded to GPU) will alter measured TRC for profile if display is bad behaved (high a*b* range in measurement report uncalibrated).

It may be easier for you to validate uncalibrated behavior in a measurement report. If it is showing wild oscilations in a*b* range it may give you a hint for calibration speed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS