Ubuntu resolution for "Querying for profile… returned no result for 5 sec"

Home Forums Help and Support Ubuntu resolution for "Querying for profile… returned no result for 5 sec"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mdmower
    Participant

Ubuntu 15.10 x64
    DisplayCAL 3.1

I noticed two forum posts at SourceForge concerning the error “Querying for profile… returned no result for 5 sec” when attempting to install a color profile system-wide:

Neither post contained a resolution that worked for me in Ubuntu 15.10 x64. All that was necessary for me to fix this was to install package gnome-color-manager:

sudo apt-get install gnome-color-manager

After restarting DisplayCAL and re-running “Install display device profile…” the error turned into a simple warning that I may need to manually assign the profile. Indeed, I was then able to open the Color application and select the correct profile. There was also a button to install the profile system wide. So, it seems DisplayCAL requires this gnome-color-manager to be installed on Ubuntu before profile installation can succeed. Perhaps this package could be added as a dependency to the Ubuntu dpkg?

Hope this helps someone else out there.

Cheers,
    Matt

• This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by mdmower. Reason: remove span tags
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by mdmower. Reason: remove yet more span tags

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Thanks, I’m sure this will be helpful to someone. I’m a little surprised that gnome-color-manager wasn’t already on the system – even though Ubuntu is using Unity instead of Gnome Shell, I thought it was still essentially Gnome 3? I’ll see about adding gnome-color-manager as a dependency, I’m just not sure how that would interact with non-Gnome desktops (e.g. Kubuntu).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS