Trying to create correction matrix but ColorMunki Photo spectrometer not detected

Home Forums Help and Support Trying to create correction matrix but ColorMunki Photo spectrometer not detected

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sawbach SourceForge

I have a ColorMunki Display colorimeter and a ColorMunki Photo spectrometer. I am trying to create a correction matrix for the colorimeter using dispcalgui. (I have several monitors to calibrate and am starting with one of the monitors to see how the process works.)

I was previously able to use the ColorMunki Display with dispcalgui to calibrate the monitor without any problems. I then installed ColorMunki Photo (I used the X-Rite installation CD because it seemed that I could not get the spectrometer to be recognized at all until it was registered, and it was necessary to use the X-Rite installation process to do the registration.) Using only X-Rite software, I was able to use the ColorMunki Photo by itself.

However, when I try to use the ColorMunki Photo for creating a correction matrix with dispcalgui, the spectrometer does not seem to be detected by the software. The X-Rite driver shows up in Windows Device Manager when the ColorMunki Photo is installed.

I do not know whether this is a driver conflict problem vs a problem somewhere else in the system.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    dispcalgui 2.6.0.0-win32
    argyllcms 1.6.3-win64

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon   Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

sawbach SourceForge

Attached is the ColorMunki Photo entry in Windows Device Manager.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

sawbach SourceForge

Attachment showing that the assigned driver is the X-Rite driver, and showing the dispcalgui for creating a correction matrix. When I try to select a device, the gui does not respond. The only valid choices are cancel or browse.

• This reply was modified on 2015-05-01 19:59:15 by sawbach.
    Attachments:

sawbach SourceForge

Attachment showing the log.

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

for the Colormunki Photo spectrometer, you have to use the Argyll CMS driver, not the X-Rite one. Please select “Install Argyll CMS instrument drivers” in the “Tools” menu, and follow the instructions there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS