Suggestions for correction (XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro)

Home Forums Help and Support Suggestions for correction (XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

AaronC
    Participant

As the title suggests, I was wondering if anyone had any insight on what kind of correction I’d use for the XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro (if any). I truly can find next to no information online about the specifics of the panel.

As an aside, I was also having some pretty strong deviation for a specific color and was wondering if anyone had any  suggestions on that, and whether it’s just a limitation of the screen or an issue with my calibration. (Whitepoint deviation in report is expected due to manually color-matching to another display. ) Thank you in advance!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

If you trly do not know backlight technology:
    -Put device in its widest gamut possible (do not use sRGB mode)
    -Profile no correction
    -Plot 2D CIE a*b* or x*y in profile info.

If sRGB-like (change dotted lines between several profiles to check) is White LED
    If it’s P3 high chances of PFS phosphor or some QD variant
    If near full AdobeRGB and P3 same as above (but use HP Z24x correction or SW2700PT “cleaned” correction for that green variant)
    if near full AdobeRGB and P3 but falls short on P3 red, likely to be GB-LED

Unless you find out in reviews or with an spectrophotometer or asking manufacturer, that’s all guess you can do.

AaronC
    Participant

Thank you for the suggestions!  Frankly, I’m not even sure what you’d call this gamut. It’s ~130% rgb, ~84% p3? Definitely the strangest numbers I’ve come across with the displays I’ve owned. It’s hard to pinpoint what type of technology it’s using. I guess all I can really do is trial and error; I appreciate the help though!

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Looks like “limited P3” (2nd option)… but unless you take a spectrophotometer reading who knows.

AaronC
    Participant

I appreciate the help. Calibrating it for p3 seems pretty close to my other calibrated displays.

On a different note, I had a question about this display. I apologize if this isn’t the right forum for it, but I’m sort of at a loss.

For this display, there appears to be a haloing effect around saturated colors, especially ones of similar luminance. When I drag and drop this same image onto a different monitor, the haloing effect is gone.

Photos of this effect are attached (the first photo with the effect present, the second photo of a monitor where it is not present). Do you know what would cause this? Is this a limitation of the display, or something else? I should note that the display with the haloing effect has a larger color gamut than the other two.

Attachments:

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Aaron, is it like Wacom display? I’ve recently met one (13,3″ ). It had strong matte coating, so it also produces halos, and it has realy low contrast. What contrast does your display show in standard DisplayCAL test? The second bad thing was Wacom calibrating software. Wacom has hardware LUT like pro displays, but its software builds wrong profiles with significant WP bias. Even with i1pro2. I had no time to dig up correct approach. Probably, I should make simplistic profile with proprietary software (or use some preset) and than profile it with DisplayCAL as a second display (it’s not PC, it is display+sensor only). – Like Vincent recomends in some cases. Check please, if your XP-Pen uses software that limits display gamut.

Vojta Filipi
    Participant

I have XP-Pen innovator 16, if someone know some good correction for this, it will be helpful. Gamut seems weird to me, because Innovator 16 was advertised to be better than XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro.

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

CIE a*b* plot is +- in spec, you are comparing against DisplayP3. Maybe a little short on green which should be a little to the left.
    If there is no P3 red, one of the displays in PFS_Phosphor_Family_31Jan17 may be a match, some of the samples with sRGB red (a hump in shorter wavelegths in SPD plot) and a green which has no red or blue channel addition. I think that they are from 2nd to last, but you may try PFS_Phosphor_Family_31Jan17  as is.

Gamut plot is not going have a big change by correction, most noticieable change will be whitepoint.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Vincent.

Vincent
    Participant

@Vojta, try to create a profile from EDID data, “File” menu. Show it in CIE a*b* plane for comparison purposes.

Vojta Filipi
    Participant

Thank you Vincent.

I wrote them an email and they told me, it´s a WLED so you arte correct  PFS_Phosphor_Family_31Jan17 correction will fit.

Vojta Filipi
    Participant

Hi, now i have “XP PEN Artist Pro 16” it should have 133% sRGB, 99% Adobe RGB, 94% NTSC and i´m getting this with “LCD PFS Phosphor WLED family” correction profile.

This cut in Magenta area don´t look good. Which correction profile should i use? And i guess i can´t do anything with that cut in magenta?????

Attachments:

Animacio
    Participant

Thank you for this Vojta!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS