Stuck at gray screen when starting calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Stuck at gray screen when starting calibration

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

DanzoMeteor
    Participant

I was able to calibrate my main pC, but then I tried my Mom’s Dell i5-5558 /Windows 10 laptop, and it got stuck at the first gray screen when i press START on the calibration. I tried rebooting and all that, but to no avail.

using i1 Display Pro

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Attach logfiles please (menu “Tools” -> “Show log” -> “Create compressed archive”).

DanzoMeteor
    Participant

Here’s my log, but it only shows the most recent time , rather than when the event occurred.

Thanks 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by DanzoMeteor.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You made the measurement window fullscreen. Make it smaller so you’re able to interact with the adjustment window.

DanzoMeteor
    Participant

Awesome, for some reason it defaulted to full screen. I’m not sure why!

But now my problem is i can’t calibrate this Laptop. Are you supposed to use the “LAPTOP” Setting? I tried that, but everything was AUTOMATIC and I got a result of 22 delta average. The screen looked the same, so it seemed more like a test?

I tried the srgb preset setting , and this time I got to use the RGB sliders, but the Intel GPU control panel was very weird . The Gamma for RGB did absolutely nothing in the test , nor did brightness. I then tried contrast.  Finally this made the sliders move. But, The RGB values got lined up but the screen looked absolutely hideously red tinted. I assume this is NOT THE WAY to do it?

So, now I need to know how to calibrate a laptop display (without its own osd controls).

Thanks so much for all your help 😀

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I assume this is NOT THE WAY to do it?

Correct. Any type of software control interferes with the video card gamma tables, and should not be used. If the screen doesn’t have RGB or color temperature controls in hardware (always the case for laptops), skip interactive display adjustment (e.g. use the “Laptop” preset).

DanzoMeteor
    Participant

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. i’ll try the calibration again 🙂
    I suppose you could use this preset if u wanted to do an “express” setup for any screen?

I guess Displaycal is the most powerful free software ever. I’ll be sure to get a donation when i have my next check 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS