Strange Profile loader calibration application behavior

Home Forums Help and Support Strange Profile loader calibration application behavior

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

tassia
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Coming here to find an answer to an issue that has sporadically occurred during the past years calibrating with DisplayCal.

Scenario: after going through calibration and choosing to install and apply the new profile using the wizard that shows up on conclusion of the calibration (system-wide application).

Sometimes Profile Loader will then not use the generated profile but instead default to sRGB IEC profile. In this case, the Profile associations menu in the Profile Loader has to be opened and “Use my settings for this display device” checked, after which profile is applied.

Running as administrator does not seem to make any difference.

Installing the profile only for user will work, however it does also automatically check “Use my settings for this display device”.

Doing this system-wide used to work flawlessly and it would apply the profile even without the box checked. Now it’s 50/50 on whether it works or not. I cannot make any rhyme or reason as to why, as calibration settings are always consistent.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS