Spyder2 issue: Error – Aprox. fwd matrix unexpectedly singular

Home Forums Help and Support Spyder2 issue: Error – Aprox. fwd matrix unexpectedly singular

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

daggernc SourceForge

First – very nice GUI to the argyllCMS system.!

I have one of the initial Spyder 2 meters (purchased from Milori with Colorfacts). Unfortunately I don’t have the v5.5 code for this anymore so my search lead me here to dispcalGUI. I followed the guide wiki and installed argyllCMS and then dispcalGUI and then install argyllCMS drivers. dispcalGUI then recognized my meter as a Spyder2 but got the expected Spyder2 found but no drivers. I then performed the “Enable Spyder 2” option under Tools and it downloaded a 120MB Spyder2Express app and then it successfully installed the Spyder 2 meter.

However, when I then run the ‘Calibrate and Profile’ function, and I position the meter over the calibration window and then click on the ‘Start measurement’ button, it never reads/shows any values to RGB or White level. If I click Stop (the “please wait” message displays but never goes away) and then click on ‘Continue on to calibration’, it begins the initial set of color/white windows but then pops up with the following: ” Error – Aprox. fwd matrix unexpectedly singular ” I can’t get any further than this. My search for this error comes up with zero hits. Any help will be MUCH appreciated. Thanks – David

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

have you verified that the Spyder is working with the vendor software? This sounds like an instrument issue.

daggernc SourceForge

Hi Florian – thanks for the response. I now wondering the same thing/instrument issue. I have three older meters: an i1DisplayLT, Spyder2-CM, and I thought original Spyder. I confirmed with dispcalGUI that my newest of the three i1DLT meter is not working properly (doesn’t read Reds). So this Spyder2-CM is what I thought the next newest and is the one causing this singular error message. So I decided to try the other Spyder meter, and it came up as Spyder 2 and it gives no errors and seems to be working reasonably well with dispcalGUI I have ColorFacts originally licensed software (v7.5.8), but unfortunately the Spyder2 appears to only work upto v5.5 which I do not have a copy of.

Now, I just tried what I thought was an original Sypder meter, but it came up as a Spyder2 device, and,… dispcalGUI works with it!. So I think this other Spyder-colorimeter device is not picking up the right drivers..

Now, I need to figure out a way to calibrate a new HD LED television. Thanks again.

Franz
    Participant

Hi there!

I’m facing the same error! However, I’m able to calibrate an other pc’s monitor without any problems using the same colorimeter (spyder5).

log-files attached

As always, any help is much appreciated!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Franz
    Participant

consider my previous post as obsolete… shame on me ^^

btw, displaycal is great! 🙂

Florian Höch
    Administrator

consider my previous post as obsolete… shame on me ^^

Forgot to remove the cap? 😉

btw, displaycal is great! 🙂

Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS