Spyder X Support in Linux

Home Forums General Discussion Spyder X Support in Linux

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Paulo Valdez
    Participant

Hello

I am using the latest MXLinux(Rank No 1 Distro in Distrowatch), I downloaded the debian pkg and it installed fine. Installed Argy as well. Problem though is my Spyder X is not detected. Will there be support in linux for the spyder X please?

Thank you

Paulo

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Paulo Valdez
    Participant

I just realise the auto download of displaycal get the old Argy not the new Argy 2.1.0.

Anyways now it’s detected, but I get this error. See picture

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

you need to install updated udev rules: Menu Tools -> Instrument -> Uninstall (existing) instrument configuration files, followed by Tools -> Instrument -> Install (new) instrument configuration files. Unplug and re-plug your SpyderX afterwards. I also recommend using Argyll V2.1.1 or newer for less annoying usage of the SpyderX (less frequent instrument self-calibration requested).

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Florian Höch.

Paulo Valdez
    Participant

Thank you

Paulo Valdez
    Participant

Florian’s method has been working well for me for so long. Until I downloaded the latest MXlinux beta which has the Debian 10. First off the displaycal version is old 3.7.4 so I updated it. And the colors after calibrating is just out of place. My advice to those going to debian 10 or MXlinux beta is to not go there yet as it seems it’s not supported atm. Hopefully in the future of the MXlinux stable release it will be much better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS