Spyder X Elite & LG 32GN63T-B

Home Forums General Discussion Spyder X Elite & LG 32GN63T-B

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Yewtink
    Participant

I have the Datacolor Spyder X Elite, when I first used it on an old LCD monitor it worked great.  Now that I have upgraded my system and software I am getting horrible results.  Just guessing that the technology in displays changed so much the Spyder is useless now?   Or is it their software/hardware?  Also tried to adjust the color on early 720 HD TV I use at home for my personal windows 11 computer.  The calibration wouldn’t even work with that screen.  But my office computer is running RTX 3080 and decent QHD displays but I think it could use calibrating.  I saw and older post where someone recommended getting a i1displaypro but it has reached it’s EOL.

Guess the real question can I salvage my Spyder and use a different calibration software.  Or am I needing to just start all over?  I work and play on a computer but I am not a professional that requires absolute perfect results but I would like something better then what I can do manually.  Another feature I dislike about the datacolor is the software is always running.  Hoping for a program I can stick on a USB drive and create a new calibration profile, save it.  Then calibrate all my other computers the same way.

Thanks

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon   SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Yewtink
    Participant

Another feature I would like to have if possible would be able to calibrate my TV.   I know nothing about what is out there, the capabilities and limitations of everything.  Wondering if one of the color checker systems would work for both my computer and TV?

Old Man
    Participant

Spyders are paper weights. I recommend the Calibrite colorchecker display plus. They don’t make them anymore, but my recommendation stands.

You could try using displaycal with your spyder, which might do better than their software, but I’d just get the plus and start there. Calibration has so many variables that any chance you get to eliminate a known source of problems, you should take it. Once (if) you get the plus, use displaycal. It will give you better results and won’t stay running in the background. I think there’s even a portable version.

For your TV, you can also use the plus. I recommend HCFR for TV calibration. If you’re using the TV with a PC, you can use HCFR’s built-in TPG. Otherwise, there’s other TPG options. I hear good things about pgen. If you’re using the TV with a PC, you can finish with a displaycal profile

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS