Spyder 5 BenQ projector calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Spyder 5 BenQ projector calibration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Petros
    Participant

Hi all,

I am trying to calibrate a set of BenQ projectors using a Spyder 5. I am using DisplayCAL 3.1.3.1 in conjunction with Argyll 1.8.3.

My issue is that I don’t get any option for a projector type display in the Display & Instrument tab in Mode dropdown menu in DisplayCAL. Moreover after trying different stuff through DisplayCAL (import colorimeter correction, create colorimeter correction etc.) and the cmd line version of Argyll (oeminst, ccxxmake) I get the option for Projector ( Marantz HP Panasonic Projectors Hybrid EDR) through the dispcal command.

I am trying to figure out:

1) How to make the above option appear in DisplayCAL? Is it possible?
    2) Is this the best option for me to test with my BenQ projectors? Are there any other options that might be more suitable?
    3) Am I missing something in the process?

I am working on a multiprojector display project with different projectors shooting at walls from different angles and I am using Spyder to adjust them all so I can create a seamless display (or something close to that).

I am new to the color calibration field so please forgive me if my questions are too basic or if I am missing any crucial information.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

most instruments don’t have a specific “projector” measurement mode (the only instrument with such a mode is the ColorMunki Photo/Design spectrometer). What you’re looking for is a suitable colorimeter correction for your projector. You can find the generic “Projector (Marantz HP Panasonic Projectors Hybrid EDR)” under the “Correction” dropdown.

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Petros
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your advice!

I going to do some new measurements with the correct settings.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS