Should I place the device at an angle if the panel’s of poor quality?

Home Forums Help and Support Should I place the device at an angle if the panel’s of poor quality?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

buckiejoe SourceForge

Hi fellow profilers and hi Florian. Thanks for all the work you put into dispcalGUI.
    I’ve recently been profiling a cheap LCD panel found in a 2013 Macbook Air and the colors are very different depending on what angle (vertical) you view it from. It is of course a well-known problem. To get the color more or less “right” you need to position the eyes slightly above the center and view the display at an angle. Now the question is, what would the correct procedure for profiling be? Should I tilt the instrument down somewhat or should I put it at a 90 degree angle (flat)?
    I created two profiles this way and I like the tilted one better, although neither gets the colors quite right, one is better with certain colors and the other is better with other colors, but grays are fine, no color casts or anything bad. The tilted one appears darker and more contrasty, the flat one is somewhat washed-out. And the tilted is more like the calibrated Kuro standing next to it, however not without slightly noticeable color shifts, especially in the sky.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS