Should I calibrate?

Home Forums General Discussion Should I calibrate?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

SNO
    Participant

Hi,

I have a SpyderX and a IPS Black monitor with LM270WR9-SSA1 panel (not from Dell).

As some users here said SpyderX is a useless junk for KFS WLED panels because it cannot use distributed corrections.

My question is, will I be better off calibrating using included WLED setting, or not calibrating at all by relying on manufacturer’s <2 deltaE (though I doubt they really calibrated each individual monitor)?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by SNO.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by SNO.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

SpyderX shoul habe a built in mode for LED widegamut displays. WLED means LED sRGB monitor hence all P3/AdobeRGB monitors cannot be”WLED”. Thay may be WLED PFS phosphor whcih is a totally different backlight type.
    I do not remember all the list modes in SpyderX, write them here and we can tell you the one that “should” be closer.

(in SpyderX due to irts desing closer to i1d3 HW error will be in WP, and that could be tunned visually. Device should be able to calibrate greyscakle to that white. Just don’t make LUT3D absolute colorimetric).

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Vincent.

SNO
    Participant

Thank you Vincent.

There are only four modes:

1. Generic

2. LCD White LED

3. LCD PFS Phosphor WLED, RGB LED

4. LCD GB-r-LED

I know my old U2413 AdobeRGB monitor is GB-r-LED, don’t really know what to use for KFS LED (this one is 98% P3).

I understand for perfect KFS calibration I will need something like CA310, CA410 colour analyser, preferably with a spectroradiometer to calibrate analyser too, but I’m not prepared to send this cheap KFS secondary monitor for perfect calibration every few month, just wondering whether SpyderX can give me something that is better than nothing…

Vincent
    Participant

3rd one for any modern widegamut monitor. Then visual correct white if it does not look white and use relative colorimetric for making LUT3D,

SNO
    Participant

Thank you for the help!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by SNO.

Saku
    Participant

Hello, sorry to bring back this thread but my topic is still awaiting moderation and it seems no one is there…

I have a similar problem and I dont know the difference between all the different mode of my SpyderX and which one goes with which screen.

Thanks a lot for your help

(Awaiting moderation)
    Hello,

I have 3 different monitor and after calibration, they always look so different…

I dont know what i’m doing wrong, I have a SpyderX in generic mode, I use full RGB range for every monitor
    In calibration setting I set the white point as mesured and the white level at 180cd/m²
    black level as mesured and tone curve sRGB

Can you help me with this pls ?
    Thanks

Vincent
    Participant

Hello, sorry to bring back this thread but my topic is still awaiting moderation and it seems no one is there…

I have a similar problem and I dont know the difference between all the different mode of my SpyderX and which one goes with which screen.

Thanks a lot for your help

(Awaiting moderation)
    Hello,

I have 3 different monitor and after calibration, they always look so different…

I dont know what i’m doing wrong, I have a SpyderX in generic mode, I use full RGB range for every monitor
    In calibration setting I set the white point as mesured and the white level at 180cd/m²
    black level as mesured and tone curve sRGB

Can you help me with this pls ?
    Thanks

Click on “mode” (upper right), next to combo box where “SpyderX” shows. Choose closest backlight type there.

PA248QV seems to be a White LED, a common sRGB display.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS