SetDeviceGammaRamp() error 87 everywhere

Home Forums Help and Support SetDeviceGammaRamp() error 87 everywhere

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Rokas
    Participant

Something happened and since few days ago nothing works.

• Can not apply curves that i crated and used for few months
    • Can not calibrate again either

I attached log. It was produced by attempting to preview/install my old curves and then i tried to calibrate from the start. Both failed attempts and they always end up with

SetDeviceGammaRamp() with error 87

I am not sure what could have changed in the environment. Neither dispcal nor agryll were updated before it all broke. I updated dispcal to latest version today in hope that it would resolve issue – it didnt. I am really at loss here. Any idea what i could try and what not?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Have you installed/updated/otherwise changed the graphics card driver or other component related to display configuration? Error 87 is unfortunately a very generic error from Windows (“Wrong Parameter”), and in your case SetDeviceGammaRamp is probably failing to use the Device Context that is created prior to the call, which seems unusual (I doubt that the actual gamma ramp it tries to set is the problem, because from the log I can see that SetDeviceGammaRamp even fails to clear the gamma ramp).
    Have you tried rebooting? How does your display configuration look like i.e. graphics card, driver, monitor(s)?

Rokas
    Participant

I have hp laptop. From what i gathered it uses samsung wled display. Laptop itself uses intel integrated graphics + nvidia dedicated card with nvidia driver. I am not aware of any driver upgrades, although windows update could have done it behind my back. I tried rebooting several times too – no luck. One interesting bit that caught my eye was device manager showing “Generic PnP device” for what i think should be intel integrated graphics. Nvidia display adapter device displayed properly next to it.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

One interesting bit that caught my eye was device manager showing “Generic PnP device” for what i think should be intel integrated graphics.

That could be related, from what I know it should show as “Intel HD Graphics”. Maybe try to right-click and then update the driver, or remove the device to force re-detection?

Rokas
    Participant

Hey that was exactly it! Updating driver installed “Intel HD Graphics” and it started working as intended.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS