Samsung Q Series

Home Forums Help and Support Samsung Q Series

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tyson Birmann
    Participant

Wondering if anyone has had any luck using DisplayCal for the Samsung QLED line (new 2017 Q series)  I have the Q7 and trying to use it has a grading monitor. It has an impressive color range and response for a “Consumer Monitor”.  Though, today’s consumer monitors are about 10x better in a lot of ways compared to a “Pro” monitor of even 5 years ago.

Anyway, I’ve been trying to use DisplayCAL to set up this monitor, but it always comes out looking washed out in the end.  I’m sure it has something to do with the target color space. I’m wondering if anyone has had good success with it?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Anyway, I’ve been trying to use DisplayCAL to set up this monitor, but it always comes out looking washed out in the end. I’m sure it has something to do with the target color space. I’m wondering if anyone has had good success with it?

Are you creating a 3D LUT for Rec. 709? This is a smaller gamut than what the Samsung Q7 has natively.

residentjack
    Participant

Hi Florian,

First and foremost, I must say thank you for all the amazing hard work you put into this site and this product! Amazing!

I’ve got a quick question regarding the topic above. I’m also using a Samsung Qled with my Decklink 4K and I’m wondering what’s the best and most accurate way to calibrate it. Should I not be using the “3D LUT for Resolve (D65, Rec. 709 / 1886)” preset? Are there any other settings I should tweak to get the best results. Thank you.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

if your goal is to grade Rec. 709 video material, then yes, the Resolve Rec. 709 3D LUT preset is what you’re looking for.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS