Run verification only.

Home Forums Help and Support Run verification only.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

I see I can  run the verification without running all of the the previous steps, would that work? Will use the current ICC and LUT in effect? Because I’m not sure but it seems like the gamma table is reset to linear when the software is loaded?

Sorry to compare, but this is how I do it with Calman (the free version) I can after calibrating with any software I can just start the Calman and during the first step, the ColorChecker Analysis I can tell the software to actually use the current ICC on the measuring window, that way the software only display a color measure it and report the difference, so it is actually skipping all, the LUT creation and all that to just let me check the quality of an already created profile.  It is really cool too that you can see a strip with the colors that are going to be measured and interactively select what you want to measure. i can see the colors on the  edit testchart, but one can not select what to measure if you want to go back to a certain value for example because by accident you moved the calibration display or a window popped up in front.  Makes sense?

Thanks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I see I can run the verification without running all of the the previous steps, would that work?

Yes.

Will use the current ICC and LUT in effect? Because I’m not sure but it seems like the gamma table is reset to linear when the software is loaded?

It’ll use whatever you have selected under “Settings”, with “<Current>” being the profile currently assigned to the display (as selected on the “Display & instrument” tab).

It is really cool too that you can see a strip with the colors that are going to be measured and interactively select what you want to measure.

A similar experience can be had with the “Untethered” display selection, but note that it is not possible to use that in conjunction with the “<Current>” setting unless you set “Use simulation profile as target” on the “Verification” tab.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS