Retrieve original measurements from ti3 file

Home Forums General Discussion Retrieve original measurements from ti3 file

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

royb
    Participant

Hello all,

I am using a non-standard observer for profiling (1964_10 and at 6500K). After profiling, the measurement ti3 file has the XYZ values in 1931_2 (using i1 Pro). What I want is to get back my original measurements that were done using the 1964_10 observer. I am looking for the matrix that DisplayCal has applied to convert the original measurements to the 1931_2 observer. Where can I find this transformation matrix (there is no CHAD matrix in DisplayCal profiles)?

Thanks in advance!

Roy

Vincent
    Participant

Redo readings with ArgyllCMS saving spectral data (and XYZ if you wish). Then you can compute color coordinates using the observer you want.

royb
    Participant

Hello Vincent!
    Thanks for your reply. As I said, I have i1 for the measurements and I cannot save spectral data with it. I there a way I can transform the .ti3 XYZ (D50/2) to XYZ (D65/10)?

Vincent
    Participant

If you have an i1pro spectro… you can get spectral data, it is the actual output of measurement. You need it for what you ask.

royb
    Participant

Hi Vincent!
    Thanks for replying. Yes I understand that reversing the spectra is one way of doing this, but isn’t an ICC profile supposed to provide a way to reverse the D50/2 colorimetry to original colorimetry using the CHAD tag? I think this tag is missing in Argyll profiles, and that we should use the ARTS tag. What I don’t know is how to convert the ARTS tag value to a floating number matrix.

Vincent
    Participant

That is chromatic adaptation, usually meant to deal with DeviceA<->PCS<->ColorspaceB transformations, not transforming measures from one observer to another.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS