Request: Alternate white point mode

Home Forums General Discussion Request: Alternate white point mode

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MW
    Participant

Would it be possible to add a feature to the interactive RGB white level dialogue that aims to minize delta E beyond the white level? My intended usage is when I connect my Android devices to my PC display via HDMI* and don’t have the option of loading a color profile. In this scenario the non-linear behavior of my PC display greatly reduces overall color accuracy. It would atleast make a less startling experience for non-color critical work.

*See Ubuntu Phone and Samsung Dex

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Would it be possible to add a feature to the interactive RGB white level dialogue that aims to minize delta E beyond the white level?

This is what calibration does already.

My intended usage is when I connect my Android devices to my PC display via HDMI* and don’t have the option of loading a color profile.

If you have no way of applying the calibration, then I don’t see how this could work.

MW
    Participant

Perhaps I didn’t make my request easy to understand, and after reading the manual more carefully I should be able to get what I want. Allow me to explain again and let me know if this makes sense.

Basically I want to adjust my monitors RGB gain settings favouring average greyscale accuracy, at the native tone responce, at the expense of white point accuracy. The goal is bringing calibrated and uncalibrated states closer when using an input device like Chromecast that doesn’t support color management.

Under the verification tab I should choose a greyscale testchart, Rec709 simulation profile, check “use simulation profile as target profile”, and check “unmodified” under tonechart?

I think the case still stands for this being part of an interactive mode that measures a range of greyscale patches after each RGB gain adjustment and shows the average delta E. It’s understandable that this is not a priority feature to implement as the desired funtionality is already there and my request is a conveniance feature for a non-typical usage case.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS