Reinstalled Windows. Can't load saved profile into Loader.

Home Forums Help and Support Reinstalled Windows. Can't load saved profile into Loader.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Vicnaum
    Participant

Hi

I had calibrated my display some time ago, using some previous old version of DispCalGUI.

I have saved the .cal file, and reinstalled Windows to a fresh new Windows 10. But now when I do “Load Settings…” and select this .cal file – nothing changes, no calibration is applied, etc. It only works when I do “Options -> Load calibration curves from calibration file or profile…” – and that’s okay, until I close the DisplayCAL – then Profile Loader is reseting everything back to uncalibrated.

And there is no option to select a file in Profile Loader, just settings “from current display device profiles” – but I can’t figure out how can I install that profile to that current device.

For now, I just removed Profile Loader from Startup, and opening DisplayCAL doing Load from file every time I run Windows.

Please, can anyone help me to figure this out to load it automatically?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Vicnaum.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

a .cal file is not a profile. Windows does not have support for .cal files. My recommendation would be to create a new profile.

Vicnaum
    Participant

It’s easy when you own a calibrator. But expensive when you rent it 🙁

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Calibration & profiling should be re-done in regular intervals to combat device drift, otherwise at some point the existing calibration will become useless. Good measurement instruments like the ColorMunki Display can be had for around 150 €, probably a bit cheaper if you search for deals.

That said, if you attach the .cal file I’ll create a fake sRGB profile containing the calibration which you can then install.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vicnaum
    Participant

Thank you very much! Here’s the file attached.

I just can’t afford to recalibrate now, and that would be very helpful.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Here you go.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vicnaum
    Participant

Thanks! It works.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS