Python 3.x Development Announcement

Home Forums General Discussion Python 3.x Development Announcement

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Erkan Ozgur Yilmaz
    Participant

We are already distributing DisplayCAL over PyPI so it is possible to install DisplayCAL by just running “pip install DisplayCAL”. I recommend doing it in a virtual env, the GitHub page already has explanation on how to install it in to a virtual env.

Mark Walter
    Participant

We are already distributing DisplayCAL over PyPI so it is possible to install DisplayCAL by just running “pip install DisplayCAL”. I recommend doing it in a virtual env, the GitHub page already has explanation on how to install it in to a virtual env.

Dear Erkan, First of all thank you very much for all the effort you put into this. If I follow the instructions on GitHub to install it for macOS via Homebrew, I get an error code when I send the following command:

pip install -r requirements.txt
    python -m build
    pip install dist/DisplayCAL-3.9.*.whl

Errorcode:

zsh: command not found: pip
    zsh: command not found: python
    zsh: no matches found: dist/DisplayCAL-3.9.*.whl

Erkan Ozgur Yilmaz
    Participant

after installing homebrew check if you have these lines in your ~/.zprofile

# Set PATH, MANPATH, etc., for Homebrew.
    eval “$(/opt/homebrew/bin/brew shellenv)”
    export CLICOLOR=1
    export LSCOLORS=ExGxFxdxCxDxDxxbaDecac

and then install python by running:

brew install [email protected]

BBBLove
    Participant

Hi Erkan, thank you so much for continuing to develop DisplayCAL.

I was trying to install it on Windows 10, but I couldn’t find the EXE file in the folder.

How can I install DisplayCAL on Windows 10?

Thank you.

Kuba Trybowski
    Participant

For now, you should stick to the last stable release, which works just fine on Win10/11:

https://displaycal.net/#download

Erkan Ozgur Yilmaz
    Participant

Exactly, under Windows you can use the old installers.

Mark Walter
    Participant

after installing homebrew check if you have these lines in your ~/.zprofile

# Set PATH, MANPATH, etc., for Homebrew.
    eval “$(/opt/homebrew/bin/brew shellenv)”
    export CLICOLOR=1
    export LSCOLORS=ExGxFxdxCxDxDxxbaDecac

and then install python by running:

brew install [email protected]

Hello Erkan,

I tried to do that, but still I get the same issues. Maybe there is a misspelling or something like that?

sqkkyzx
    Participant

I hope to see a py3 version for Windows available, as py2 has been completely abandoned. Although the old version is still usable on Windows, it has no future if it doesn’t migrate to PY3. I didn’t see a donation option on GitHub; you might consider adding one.

Erkan Ozgur Yilmaz
    Participant

I hope to see a py3 version for Windows available, as py2 has been completely abandoned. Although the old version is still usable on Windows, it has no future if it doesn’t migrate to PY3. I didn’t see a donation option on GitHub; you might consider adding one.

hi, unfortunatelly I myself am also, kind of, practically abondoning the project as I’m not reserving the required time the project deservers… But, apart from moving DisplayCAL to Python 3 we didn’t implement any new features, we might have solved a bunch of old bugs along the way… So, you can keep using the Python 2 version under Windows as it contains its own embedded Python 2 interpreter and it is practically 99% the same with our Python 3 version.

And for the donations, as I stated in the project goals, we’ll keep the original donation links so that Florian Höch and Greame Gill are still the primary beneficiaries, and I highly encourage using the donation links on this site.

borez
    Participant

hi, unfortunatelly I myself am also, kind of, practically abondoning the project as I’m not reserving the required time the project deservers… But, apart from moving DisplayCAL to Python 3 we didn’t implement any new features, we might have solved a bunch of old bugs along the way… So, you can keep using the Python 2 version under Windows as it contains its own embedded Python 2 interpreter and it is practically 99% the same with our Python 3 version.

And for the donations, as I stated in the project goals, we’ll keep the original donation links so that Florian Höch and Greame Gill are still the primary beneficiaries, and I highly encourage using the donation links on this site.

Sorry to hear of the decision. Hope someone (or even Florian) can pick up this project.

Lastly Erkan, is it possible to do a final push and release a compiled Mac package for this last release?

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS