Projector calibration

Home Forums General Discussion Projector calibration

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jaro Macko
    Participant

Hi,

Need help.Sorry for maybe very simple question but cannot manage it. When i start to calibrate a projector the whole area fills with white color calibration area if you choose full screen, but then i could not catch  “start measurment”window to set brightness,rgb volume. It just behind  caliration area.What a frustration!Any isuggestion?Thanks.

Jaro Macko
    Participant

And what distance to choose between projector and calibrator.Some people say closer to the screen,some 2 meters….And if i have yellowish wall there is some different settings to choose or it does not make sense?Would be very glad if someone give what kind of settings to choose.Thank you.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

When i start to calibrate a projector the whole area fills with white color calibration area if you choose full screen

Well, don’t use full screen then, or connect a separate display (if you have one) where you can move the interactive display adjustment window.

And if i have yellowish wall

So you are projecting onto a wall, not onto a projection screen?

Jaro Macko
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for a quick answer.But if not to use full screen wouldn’t it affect the quality of calibration because of mixed light which are going from desktop.As i understand a calibrator itself should be away of 1-2m.,if you move closer there is a shadow in front of it.Yes i’m using a wall,it,’s a clean,wide wall but yellowish..Bad idea?I tried to calibrate with colormunki display software but the results are very poor,so i think maybe displaycal helps me.But i don’t know which settings to use.I don’t expect perfect results just want to optimise for usable results.Thanks again.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Jaro Macko
    Participant

Please help 🙂

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Please patience 🙂

if not to use full screen wouldn’t it affect the quality of calibration because of mixed light which are going from desktop

You can still make the measurement area as large as necessary. The better option is to use a separate monitor and drag the adjustment window over to it though.

Jaro Macko
    Participant

I found simple solution,hide all desktop icons and set white desktop background. is someone  can tell me which patch sequence to choose for projector?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

is someone can tell me which patch sequence to choose for projector?

Use default unless you have any auto-dimming problems with the projector. I would enable white level drift compensation on the “Display & instrument” tab though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS