Profiling one meter against another?

Home Forums General Discussion Profiling one meter against another?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mark Appleton
    Participant

I’ve just bought a new Colormunki Display and would now like to sell my old (lower tier) i1 Display 2, and I think a correction file/s would help me get more for it:).

I’ve already used HCFR to make a .thc and a correction matrix but I’d like to have a ccmx as well. Connecting both meters to DispCAL and trying to generate a matrix fails, though – the “reference meter” is greyed out and won’t let me choose the Colormunki, and I can’t seem to get a “one at a time” method working. I load the CM’s measurements into the reference meter’s browse field, but when I click “create correction” is tells me “exactly one reference measurement is needed” in an error message. Can anybody help me with a step-by-step giude to correcting one meter against another?

Many thanks.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Correcting one colorimeter against another colorimeter is usually not a good idea, and for that reason DisplayCAL requires to use a spectrometer as reference.

Mark Appleton
    Participant

Makes sense:).

Is there a way to input directly a numerical correction matrix, then? I can’t seem to convert my .thc to a .ccmx!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If you have 3 rows of XYZ numbers, then you can take an existing CCMX and over-write the values in there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS