Pre 3D LUT dE errors

Home Forums Help and Support Pre 3D LUT dE errors

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

i dont know if i have missed it or not but is it possible to see the average dE after profiling before correction?

native dE from the display that is

we can see the average dE after profiling but i would like to know how far off my 500M is with lets say a 3000 or for that matter a 9000 patches run.

just ot get an idea of how much of an improvement there is from medium size charts to large and if its worth it

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

i dont know if i have missed it or not but is it possible to see the average dE after profiling before correction?

I’m not sure I understand the question. Do you want to verify the profile, or check the screen in uncalibrated/unprofiled state?

Anonymous
    Inactive

the later

check the screen in uncalibrated state

i should have use that word instead 😉

i want to know how off the screen is with lets say 3000 patches and then how off it is with 9000 patches.

i have noo idea how much the 3d lut corrects here

i only know the final dE after profiling

Anonymous
    Inactive

a before and after dE after profiling would be great

Edit:

but ok as i think of it the before dE must be unatural high because i use the wider color space.

so maybe those numbers doesnt say much?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Thanks for clarifying 🙂

Yes, you can do that by enabling “Use simulation profile as target” on the “Verification” tab (and disable any device link profile).

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok great

i will check it out

Anonymous
    Inactive

so to get the closet to real world performance i need to use the colorspace i have calibrated with an normal 2d calibration right

if i set the colorspace to what i usually use outside 3d lut and then run a profiling i would get an idea of how much the 3d lut fixes and how off the sceen is.

i think thats the right way to go right

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS