Possible to disable profile loader log ?

Home Forums General Discussion Possible to disable profile loader log ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

DummyPLUG
    Participant

It seems that the profile loader frequency write to the log file and I am a little bit concern on this as I am using a SSD, is is possible to disable the log? Current I move it to HDD using junction point but I can’t do it for SSD only device.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The tiny amount of data written to the logfile is absolutely dwarfed by even the most basic everyday usage of Windows alone. There are no concerns whatsoever that you need to have about SSD longevity with regards to this.

DummyPLUG
    Participant

But the problem is not amount of data written, it is the number of write, although I agree with modern SSD the problem is not a big concern within 1-2years but in long run it will reduce a SSD lifespan quite a lot due to write amplification.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

But the problem is not amount of data written, it is the number of write

No, it is not. Windows itself is already writing an order of magnitude more often just by itself. SSDs with typical usage should last anywhere from at least 5 (cheaper SSDs) up to several 100 years (Samsung 850 Pro) according to recent tests done by german technology and computer magazine c’t.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS